    laptop has tv out?

    Someone said they thought this was not possible due to macrovision or
    something else on the laptop but not sure.

    GTT, Jul 29, 2004

  2. GTT

    Mike Russell Guest

    Not a problem. You will need to have DvD player software installed. On my
    Windows notebook it's necessary to enable the video display in the display
    properties, and set it as the primary display, so that DirectX will send the
    image to the video. Otherwise the video screen will be black.

    Macrovision is intended to be displayed on a TV monitor, and is designed to
    foil people who want to copy to tape.

    Mike Russell, Jul 29, 2004

  3. GTT

    E Brown Guest

    It depends on how your DVD software handles Macrovision. Some
    remove it, some don't. I rip my DVDs to my hard drive (to save
    carrying my drive around) and stripped Macrovision off in the process,
    so I haven't had this issue.
    Emanuel

    E Brown, Jul 29, 2004