    apps. btw i have had a dell inspiron 7000 for 5 years and have not had any
    problems. some have said that dell has kinda fallen off in recent years so
    im not sure wether to go with them again, thanks.

    Otis Spunkmeyer, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Otis Spunkmeyer

    Musashi Guest

    I have the 8500 and the only thing that gets stretched is something
    that has it's own resolution settings such as games. And even then you
    don't really notice it unless you look at it compared to another
    monitor beside it.

    I love it for wide screen DVD and internet. And, I use it at LAN
    parties to game on so it's good for that too, with the ability to play
    high req games like UT2 and America's Army.

    Musashi

    Musashi, Oct 8, 2003

  3. Otis Spunkmeyer

    guangdew Guest

    I have the Toshiba Satellite M35X-S149 laptop. I feel a little bit
    uncomfortable with the 15.4" stretched screen. Usually we couldn't
    tell, but if you open the clock on the bottom right conner, you see the
    clock is not round. I don't know whether we can set it to the right
    aspect ratio. Anyone knows how to do this, please let me knwo.

    Guangdew

    guangdew, Jan 26, 2005
  4. If Windows programs like the clock in the clock control pane is stretched
    You most likely don't use the correct resolution for Your display. If You
    use the native LCD resolution there shouldn't be any stretches...

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Jan 26, 2005