    AJ Guest

    Which Vista version should I pursue with the above config. I would like
    still use my older Office 2003 and many older 32 bit appz.Thanx AJ

    AJ, Nov 2, 2006

  2. I think you answered your own question. Either version of Vista will
    work, in and of itself, but the 64-bit version is going to have more
    compatability problems with older software. Almost impossible to say
    what older software until you try it.

    Barry Watzman, Nov 3, 2006

  3. AJ

    Tim S. Guest

    AJ wrote:
    > Which Vista version should I pursue with the above config. I would like
    > still use my older Office 2003 and many older 32 bit appz.Thanx AJ

    Try dual booting, just a thought.

    Tim

    Tim S., Nov 3, 2006
  4. "AJ" <> wrote in message
    > Which Vista version should I pursue with the above config. I would like
    > still use my older Office 2003 and many older 32 bit appz.Thanx AJ

    If that board cannot take more than 4GB of RAM, what's the point at this
    stage? You're just asking for a whole load of driver problems, and probably
    some software incompatibilities as well. All 32-bit shell extensions won't
    work. When you buy Vista you'll get both versions anyway, so wait until you
    know it is safe to go 64-bit. MS should never have made a 32-bit version of
    Vista to make a clean break of the past.

    ss.

    Synapse Syndrome, Nov 5, 2006