Vista Beta 2 on Toshiba Portege 3500 Tablet PC

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Matthew P, Jun 12, 2006.

  1. Matthew P

    Matthew P Guest

    Hi all,

    I've been experimenting to day with running Vista beta 2 on my Toshiba
    Portege 3500. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it performed on such old
    hardware, there are however a few issues driver-wise:

    1: There seems to be an issue with TVALG.SYS (This is one of the core
    Toshiba drivers) This causes vista to BSOD when shutting down.

    2: The screen rotation drivers don't seem to work correctly. Oddly enough it
    worked directly after being installed. but upon restart it doesn't work.

    3: Wireless doesn't work. From what I have read this would seem to be a
    widespread issue in Vista.

    It's worth noting that as all Toshiba drivers are provided as
    self-extracting executables I have unzipped these to folders, changed
    compatability mode to Windows XP SP2 and also enabled run-as-administrator
    (I'm also using a local administrator account).

    Also I was able to get a number of Toshiba drivers working without any
    issues, they are as follows:

    1: Toshiba Graphics Driver (Cyberblade)
    2: ALI Sound Driver
    3: ALI Modem Driver

    Basically all of that leads to my question: Has anyone out there got Vista
    working properly on their Portege 3500?

    I would greatly appreciate it if you have a solution to any of these issues
    or any other relevant comments if you could please post a reply. Also if you
    have any other questions or issues related to this topic please post a
    message and hopefully someone will be able to help :)

    Many Thanks,

    Matthew Playne

    Matthew P, Jun 12, 2006

  2. Matthew P

    Matthew P Guest

    Sorry all for the multiple posting.

    The first three times I tried to post this I got a message returned saying
    that the message could not be recieved by Microsoft - Foolishly I assumed
    this meant it would not be posted :p...

    Sorry again...

    Matthew P, Jun 12, 2006