vista complete PC backup

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Steven Wabik, Aug 8, 2008.

  1. Steven Wabik

    Steven Wabik Guest

    I have a few questions about vista complete PC backup. one is about how to
    fix an issue with it and the other question is about how it works.

    Question #1:
    -------------
    well, recently I have been having an issue with vista complete PC backup. it
    did a complete PC backup once. then I installed a bunch of applications,
    installed a few hardware devices to the computer, and synced a Bluetooth
    device or two to my computer.

    after making all of these changes to my computer I want to make a new a new
    complete PC backup but I get this issue when I try. the issue looks like
    this:

    -------------
    The backup application could not start due to an internal error:

    Server execution failed (0x080080005)

    Please check your system configuration and try again.
    -------------

    Does anyone know what this error message mean? and do you know how to fix
    the problem so that I will be able to use vista complete PC backup again?

    --------------
    --------------

    Question #2
    ------------
    for Vista complete PC backup, does it only backup the vista partition or
    will it backup other partitions for if I decide to do a dual boot or if I am
    using bit-licker drive encryption?

    From,
    Steven Wabik

    Steven Wabik, Aug 8, 2008

  2. Steven Wabik

    Mick Murphy Guest

    Why don't you just have a look at Acronis True Image?

    http://www.acronis.com/
    --
    Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

    Mick Murphy, Aug 8, 2008

  3. Steven Wabik

    Ed Y Guest

    I'd also suggest Shadow Protect Desktop. I got fed up with True Image
    problems in verifying images.

    http://www.storagecraft.com/products/ShadowProtectDesktop/

    Ed

    Ed Y, Aug 8, 2008
  4. Steven Wabik

    Steven Wabik Guest

    so far I have gotten a few responses to this damn issue I am having. so far
    they are all work arounds. not with any solutions or what this error code
    actually means. so, can someone please figure it out for me.

    if i can't get vista complete PC backup to work, i will just use Acronis
    True Image to do a image of my pc. My OEM supplied it with my computer when
    i purchased it. of course then, my pc also came with Windows XP. then I also
    got a free upgrade to vista.

    and the odd thing is that I still have DOS utilities that I use to do image
    backups of my computers hard drive. its just to bad that they do not work
    with windows vista.

    Steven Wabik, Aug 8, 2008
  5. >> can someone please figure it out for me. <<

    ms can't figure out vista...

    ....so, that's expecting a lot from the unpaid help ;-)

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Aug 8, 2008
  6. Steven Wabik wrote:
    > if i can't get vista complete PC backup to work

    As your problems have nothing to do with the special issues of a
    *TabletPC* and are just *Vista* issue, I highly recommend to ask in a
    Vista NG, probably vista.general.

    Rainald

    Rainald Taesler, Aug 8, 2008
  7. Steven Wabik

    Mick Murphy Guest

    Hey IDIOT, this is *Vista Installation_Setup*, NOT *TabletPC*!

    YOU find YOUR right Newsgroup before whinging!
    Fool!
    --
    Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

    Mick Murphy, Aug 8, 2008
  8. Steven Wabik

    Sinner Guest

    > Hey IDIOT, this is *Vista Installation_Setup*, NOT *TabletPC*!
    >
    > YOU find YOUR right Newsgroup before whinging!
    > Fool!

    Hey, asshole, it's cross-posted to a windows XP tablet newsgroup. and fix
    your spell-checker. There's only one "g" in whining.

    Sinner, Aug 8, 2008
  9. Steven Wabik

    Sinner Guest

    "Sinner" <> wrote in message

    > "Mick Murphy" <> wrote in message
    >> Hey IDIOT, this is *Vista Installation_Setup*, NOT *TabletPC*!
    >>
    >> YOU find YOUR right Newsgroup before whinging!
    >> Fool!

    > Hey, asshole, it's cross-posted to a windows XP tablet newsgroup. and fix
    > your spell-checker. There's only one "g" in whining.

    Oops. Just a "windows tabletPC newsgroup.

    Sinner, Aug 8, 2008
  10. Mick Murphy wrote:

    >> Steven Wabik wrote:
    >>> if i can't get vista complete PC backup to work

    >> As your problems have nothing to do with the special issues of a
    >> *TabletPC* and are just *Vista* issue, I highly recommend to ask
    >> in a Vista NG, probably vista.general.
    >>
    >> Rainald

    > Hey IDIOT, this is *Vista Installation_Setup*, NOT *TabletPC*!
    >
    > YOU find YOUR right Newsgroup before whinging!
    > Fool!

    Why do you direct this to poor *ME*?
    I already told the OP where to go!

    Rainald

    Rainald Taesler, Aug 8, 2008
  11. Seems neither of you knows how to read a header. The post was to TabletPC,
    Installation_Setup AND to Vista.General.

    Why the excessive cross-posting, I don't know, but you guys are both acting
    so goofy I couldn't let it pass.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    Gary S. Terhune, Aug 8, 2008
  12. Steven Wabik

    Mick Murphy Guest

    OK Gary; so I didn't read what groups it was posted in!
    I don't have unlimited time here to read that, as well as ALL the post!

    Cheers!

    --
    Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

    Mick Murphy, Aug 9, 2008
  13. Hey, I do it all the time, <g>!

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    Gary S. Terhune, Aug 9, 2008
  14. Gary S. Terhune schrieb:

    > Seems neither of you knows how to read a header.

    LOL
    I know that's thaht there ;-) but I hardly ever look at it (the more as
    it's really fineprint in WinMail).

    > The post was to
    > TabletPC, Installation_Setup AND to Vista.General.
    >
    > Why the excessive cross-posting, I don't know,

    ... and what's really bad, no Fup2 !!!

    > but you guys are
    > both acting so goofy I couldn't let it pass.

    ;-) ;-)

    Rainald

    Rainald Taesler, Aug 9, 2008