    like it might be a graphics card driver problem, but I'm not sure.
    Would folks here recommend that I stay with the drivers that released
    by Microsoft only, or should I try the latest Quadro driver? Thanks!

    hotister, Aug 5, 2008

  2. * :
    MS doesn't release drivers, they just offer some (older) generic drivers
    they get from several hardware vendors for download. The Windows driver
    update should be the last ressort to fallback only if manual search for
    drivers isn't successful.

    I'd recommend using the generic Nvidia drivers. If you run professional
    applications and need software support then go for the certified Quadro
    drivers, in all other cases download the latest Nvidia Geforce driver
    which also work fine with your Quadro FX 3450.

    Benjamin

    Benjamin Gawert, Aug 5, 2008