    on an Acer Aspire 3680-2633?

    MS chat service has not been able to get it installed, even with all the
    eAcer services stopped and the machine rebooted.

    Han, Apr 13, 2008

  2. Han

    A Nother Guest

    Yes. Apparently you need to 'prepare' for the SP by having automatic updates
    turned on and perhaps going to Microsoft Update as well. Or so I understand.

    A Nother, Apr 13, 2008

  3. Han

    Han Guest

    That's all set. Still no luck. I wonder what the "escalation" is going to
    do tomorrow evening. I'll try to keep this thread up to date.

    Han, Apr 13, 2008
  4. Han

    L.E. Funt Guest

    Nope, download the full install

    L.E. Funt, Apr 14, 2008
  5. Han

    Han Guest

    Downloading the full install of SP1 is only a waste of time. It does not
    work on my machine.

    Spent 3 hrs with MS customer service on the phone with him having remote
    control through "Easy Access", and no result other than having to
    reinstall applications such as AV and antispyware. What a waste!

    Han, Apr 16, 2008