VIVO AIW MMC unable to start tv player failed to initialize the video

Discussion in 'ATI' started by triXeo, Feb 3, 2004.

  1. triXeo

    triXeo Guest

    People with VIVO or AIW; does this sound familiar when trying to run the ATI
    MMC?

    "Unable to stat TV
    The TV player failed to initialize the video.
    Check the Windows Device Manager to ensure that the correct video driver has
    been installed and is working properly before attempting to restart TV.
    PC Check may help diagnose this problem my ass."

    Two possible solutions:

    The M$ patch for a problem with the TV tuner capability (kstvtune.ax).
    Download it here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825116

    If that didn't help make a backup of the original DrvDShow.dll before you
    try this in an hex-editor of your choice:
    Open: C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\DrvDShow.dll (size: 876618, ver:
    8.8.006)
    Find: 81-7D-E8-00-E8-3F-03-74 and replace it to: 81-7D-E8-00-E8-3F-03-EB

    (Found these solutions @ Rage3D forum
    http://www.rage3d.com/board/index.php after some days of digging).

    --triXeo

    triXeo, Feb 3, 2004