    5v-5.149
    5v+ 4.72

    could this be cause random crashes , kicking to desktop?

    Jay, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Jay

    Frank Hagan Guest

    Could be your problem. Anything over 5% variation is flat out bad. You might
    need a new/better/bigger power supply.

    FRH

    Frank Hagan, Dec 18, 2003

  3. Jay

    DaveL Guest

    Yeah, I saw the same thing on an older Abit system. Low voltages causing
    the thing to first start rebooting. Eventually it would not even boot,
    nothing put fans and hard drive turning on but no display or beeps. New PSU
    made it as good as new. BTW, did read the +3.3 volts too? That one is
    really critical.

    Dave

    DaveL, Dec 18, 2003
  4. Jay

    Jay Guest

    the only one near3.3v is vbat at 2.9 ?

    Jay, Dec 18, 2003
  5. Jay

    Jay Guest

    3.3+ @ 2.74
    5+ @4.84
    12+ @11.8
    -12 @ 12.60
    15 @ 5.1

    Jay, Dec 18, 2003
  6. Jay

    Ben Pope Guest

    Thats quite low.
    Not sure what 15 is, the others look ok.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Dec 18, 2003
  7. Jay

    Jay Guest

    sorry that should be -5 @ 5.1

    added another stick of corsiar ram 512Mb would this drain even more power
    cos stablity is even worse now !!
    and corsair ram is Great quality right ??

    Jay, Dec 18, 2003
  8. Jay

    Mr Magoo Guest

    getting warnings about -12v being to high is this bad?
    well lets hope the Andtec 430w Psiu that arrived today will sort it out
    guess my 3yr old 30w sparkle PSU has had it's day.
    Will fit new one tonight and post results if anyone is interested if i sort
    it out
    :)

    Mr Magoo, Dec 18, 2003
  9. Jay

    Neil Guest

    the 2 minus voltage or nothing to worry about usually when getting booted
    back to desktop from games at least is a driver issue or an unstable
    overclock on cpu or vid card. I have a 200 watt shuttle that has all the
    normal stuff in it cpu overclocked to 3200+ speed, 2 sticks of OCZ a GF4 or
    RADEON 9800 pro plus run watercoooling off of it with no problems. You new
    Antec should be a good power supply but if it dosent solve the problem
    would look to driver issuses.

    Neil

    Neil, Dec 18, 2003
  10. Jay

    Mr Magoo Guest

    i have come to conclusion that its this shite 9700np card, this is my 1st
    ati card and i have a feeling it will be my last, just cant wait now untill
    the new Nvidia Cards r out, at least then they will have proper DX9 support,

    Mr Magoo, Dec 18, 2003
  11. Jay

    IC Guest

    I have a ATI 9500 Pro (DX9 support also) and it runs very well on my
    NF7-S MB. The 9700 is an excellent video card. The problem is probably
    something other than the video card and I would take Neil's advice.

    IC, Dec 18, 2003