"Volume Control" stays minimized in task bar. Help.

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Travis, Jul 18, 2004.

  1. Travis

    Travis Guest

    I'm in the midst of a recording project and the keyboard hot key
    in the upper right hand "audio cluster" won't bring up the dialog
    for the Volume - Recording control. It comes up minimized and
    *stays* minimized. (Dell 4600, SoundMAX integrated digital audio,
    Windows
    XP)

    I've been through Control Panel, placing the old-fasioned sound
    icon in the systray, figuring the fancy hot key on the keyboard
    was somehow at fault, but the icon produces the same thing. You
    right click on it, and it offers to "minimize" the
    already-minimized. You select "minimize" and right click on the
    taskbar again, you get "Restore" -- but that just blinks and
    returns to minimized. It apparently *thinks* it's in dialog box,
    displayed mode.

    I'm stuck if I can't access my levels and mutes! Anybody else see
    this?

    Many thanks, please email me by editing the anti-spam stuff from
    my return address?

    Travis

    Travis, Jul 18, 2004

  2. Travis

    Travis Guest

    By selecting System Restore one day at a time going backwards, I
    hit paydirt on five days prior to date of malfunction that cured
    it. Whatever "it" was shall forever remain unknown but to The
    Shadow.

    Travis, Jul 20, 2004

  3. And whatever malfunction you're talking about will remain equally unknown,
    since you haven't threaded your posts.

    I am, nonetheless, happy for you.

    Rocky

    Rocket J. Squirrel, Jul 20, 2004
  4. It was Threaded for me!!!!

    It appeared directly threaded to an original posting under the heading
    of ""Volume Control" stays minimized in task bar. Help."

    Regards,
    John

    John J. Burness, Jul 20, 2004
  5. Many/most newsreaders offer the option of "standard" threading,
    using the header "References" string, or of starting a new thread
    when the subject line of the existing thread has been changed.
    RJS obviously has chosen the latter, as have I. I, too, had no
    idea of what Travis was talking about, initially. Fortunately,
    his prior post was only 13 lines up on my screen so it was easy
    to figure out.

    For Travis, "Whatever "it" was" need not "forever remain unknown
    ....", if you can remember what change(s) you made to your system
    after that fifth day prior restore point was set and before the
    fourth day prior restore point was set. The Shadow may know, but
    you should know too, lest you make the same change(s) again, and
    be faced with another volume control problem again.

    Ogden Johnson III, Jul 20, 2004