    available through malloc() and the rest is accessible only to the stack.

    I may experiment more but maybe somebody knows already.

    The system itself reports 3.75GB of ram.

    Ron Hardin, Aug 15, 2007

  2. Ron Hardin

    wm_walsh Guest

    Hi!

    As far as I'm aware, all 32-bit desktop versions of Windows have a 2GB
    per process memory limit. It seems that this is true at least up to
    Windows Server 2003 in its 32-bit editions.

    I don't know about Vista or 64-bit Windows.

    William

    wm_walsh, Aug 15, 2007

  3. Ron Hardin

    paulmd Guest

    You might want to ask on comp.lang.c, or a c programming forum about
    overcoming that limit.

    paulmd, Aug 17, 2007