Vostro 2510 $649 -- Is there a current deal better than this?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Thomas G. Marshall, Mar 28, 2009.

  1. [This was posted at the end of a different thread, but really needs
    its own thread because it is a differing question entirely. My
    apologies]

    Ok, after looking through the user reviews carefully, and doing a
    little more research, I came across the Vostro 2510 as shown below:
    $669 ($309 off) + $20 bluetooth.

    Are there any issues with this that you see?

    I'm a 20+ years software engineer, and have been configuring and
    fixing computers as a hobby now for years, but I've lost track of the
    bazillion dell options.

    My System Details
    Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5670 (1.8GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)
    Genuine Windows Vista® Business SP1
    No Productivity Software
    15.4 inch Wide Screen WXGA+ LCD Display w/TrueLife™
    1 Year Basic Limited Warranty and 1 Year NBD On-Site Service
    2GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz, 2 DIMM
    8X DVD+/-RW with double-layer DVD+/-R write capability, with Roxio
    Creator
    256MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8400M GS
    250GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive with Free Fall Sensor
    Dell Wireless 1395 802.11g Wi-Fi Mini Card
    Dell Wireless 360 Bluetooth Internal for Vista
    Integrated 1.3 mega pixel Web Camera and Digital Microphone
    No UPEKM ® Fingerprint Reader
    Service
    6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
    Adobe® Reader
    McAfee Total Protection for Small Business, 30-days
    My Services & Warranties
    No Onsite System Setup
    No Online Data Back Up Installed
    Purchase is Not Intended for Resale
    Also Included
    High Definition Audio 2.0
    No Customerization LCD Option
    Intel Core 2 Duo Label

    Thomas G. Marshall, Mar 28, 2009

  2. Thomas G. Marshall

    JayB Guest

    i think that's a terrible deal actually.
    only 1 yr warranty and processor is weak.

    i recently got a precision laptop, in the $600's
    with 3 yr warranty, 2.5 core 2 proc,
    intel wireless A/G.
    xp pro with vista dual license
    256mb video, 2gb ram
    you would need to give up the true life and camera
    but a much better system

    JayB, Mar 28, 2009