    Thanks.

    Rich
    (email replies fine)

    Rich Early, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Rich Early

    - HAL9000 Guest

    Is your ISP requiring you to use a Proxy?

    As you might already know, pinging is a UDP (control) message and not
    a TCP message.

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~hal-9000/

    - HAL9000, Oct 18, 2003

  3. Rich Early

    Rich Early Guest

    Nope, no proxies required or in, although ad-delete and other popup
    interceptors from time to time worked fine, tcp/ip won't even work with a
    direct connection. WINIPCFG releases and renews the IP just fine, just
    can't get to any web pages.

    Rich

    Rich Early, Oct 18, 2003