Wacom Cintiq and Tablet PC SDK

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by symbol, Jun 28, 2006.

  1. symbol

    symbol Guest

    I've installed the tablet pc sdk ver 1.7 on XP pro and am trying to use
    the sdk with a Wacom Cintiq 21UX tablet/monitor device. When I
    enumerate the tablets, the Cintiq appears, but when I disable the mouse
    for input or set only the cintiq tablet in the ink collector, I get no
    input. Apparently, the Wacom pen is seen only as a mouse, not a high
    resolution digitizer.

    Is this a limitation of the sdk on XP, or is there a trick to this?

    Using the code below I see the Cintiq because max is 32K for the 2nd
    tablet.

    for ( int i=0; i<count; i++ )
    {
    IInkTablet* pTablet;
    pIInkTablets->Item(i, &pTablet);
    _bstr_t propName = STR_GUID_X;
    long min;
    long max;
    TabletPropertyMetricUnit units;
    float resolution;
    hr = pTablet->GetPropertyMetrics(propName, &min, &max, &units,
    &resolution);

    pTablet->Release();
    }

    Turning off the mouse turns off all input.

    // disable mouse for input
    hr = g_pIInkCollector->put_Enabled(VARIANT_FALSE);
    hr = g_pIInkCollector->SetAllTabletsMode(FALSE);
    hr = g_pIInkCollector->put_Enabled(VARIANT_TRUE);

    Setting only one tablet in the ink collector turns off all input

    hr = g_pIInkCollector->put_Enabled(VARIANT_FALSE);
    IInkTablet* pTablet;
    pIInkTablets->Item(1, &pTablet);
    hr = g_pIInkCollector->SetSingleTabletIntegratedMode(pTablet);

    symbol, Jun 28, 2006

  2. symbol

    Chris H. Guest

    Might want to post over in the microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc.developer
    newsgroup where stuff like this is supported. This newsgroup supports
    regular users and issues with Tablet PCs, while the aforementioned is for
    developers and programmers.

    Chris H., Jun 28, 2006