    whose entry-level equipment starts at $139, will introduce a 15in
    interactive screen for $1500 and a 17in model for $2000; an 18in version is
    also on the cards for about $3500."

    Chris De Herrera, May 5, 2004

  2. Odd. Wacom already has a 15 and 18" LCD screen that you can write on.
    Wonder how this is going to be different.

    Gary A. Bushey, May 5, 2004

  3. The difference is they are going to ship the Windows XP, Tablet PC Edition
    with them.

    This is something I asked for awhile ago.

    Chris De Herrera, May 5, 2004
  4. Chris De Herrera

    Chris H. Guest

    Similar to the laptops (so-called clamshell versions) now coming onto the
    market place. There's a Microsoft video on TechNet somewhere from a couple
    years ago which says that was the "vision" in the first place - all machines
    having the correct hardware to run the Tablet PC Edition superset - within
    the next five years. This isn't something "new," although the partners
    coming onboard with the hardware to enable it could be considered as such.

    Chris H., May 5, 2004
  5. Chris De Herrera

    Mickey Segal Guest

    Is there a difference in the digitization density or rate too?

    Mickey Segal, May 5, 2004
  6. Guess I would have to try one to see if I like it. I would think it would
    be hard to write on a monitor but hopefully Wacom has figured that out. If
    they have, it would be cool! Didn't see anything about resolution though.

    Gary A. Bushey, May 5, 2004
  7. Hi,
    I do not know what they are doing with the sensitivity. However Microsoft
    has specified some level of sensitivity that is very high for the Tablet PC
    if I recall right.

    Chris De Herrera, May 6, 2004
  8. Chris De Herrera

    Marauderz Guest

    The Cintiq's pressure levels are nothing to laugh about according to the
    specs, Our tablets usually have only 256 levels of pressure. The Cintiq has
    512.. Inclination (wonder if they're refering to the pen, or the position of
    the tablet) or pen rotation (for the 18" model)

    But... hmmm... how much would it costs? The good old question... :)

    Marauderz, May 6, 2004
  9. On the monitor, or on a USB attached drawing pad?

    Chris Nebinger

    Chris Nebinger, May 7, 2004