Wait or buy?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Spo, Oct 6, 2004.

  1. Spo

    Spo Guest

    CPU and mobo: wait for 939s to drop in price (rumoured 3000 and 3200
    versions) or buy 754s now and see what next year brings?

    Another point, if the AMD specs are true about, say, an XP 3200 being
    equivalent to Intel 3200, why buy a 754 at 3000 or 939 3000? Seems a little
    silly to me.
     
    Spo, Oct 6, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. Spo

    Zeek Guest

    Looks to me like the 939 is going to have the best legs. I would wiat
    for the next upcoming price drop in the 939s and buy.

    for benchmarks on AMD vs Intell go to www.tomshardwar.com or various
    other sites where the two are compated in different tasks. there you
    can see which meets your needs best. Basicly the answer is that
    unless you do 3d rendering with a large and established package that
    has SSE2+3 and hyperthreading optimizations then you get more from an
    AMD processor.
     
    Zeek, Oct 11, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.