    Radeon HD 4250 graphics card, would it be good for gaming?

    Thanks

    Larry

    Larry, Jul 24, 2010

  2. Larry

    kikaruu Guest

    I'm actually going to pick up one of these laptops tomorrow, and I'll
    therefore be able to give you firsthand experience. Otherwise, it's
    said to be okay for games: http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100624233647AAUQs1a
    and here:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?
    qid=20100718182540AAQ4VR3

    kikaruu, Jul 26, 2010

  3. Larry

    Larry Guest

    Thanks for the links...I ended doing a search on the advertised AMD
    processor that is included in the Acer AS5251-1513....apparently it is
    only a single core processor and it likely that the computer will be a
    bit slower than the dual cores. I actually got hands one with one at
    Walmart. On the outside, seems like good looking and solid. Keyboard
    is solid. However, sad that it has a 64bit os but only 2 gigs of ram.
    However, going to 4 gigs would increase the total price to at least
    $200. I suppose if you use it as is, it might be a good buy. Larry

    Larry, Jul 26, 2010
  4. Larry

    kikaruu Guest

    Okay, I'm using the computer right now. I'm installing a fairly
    intensive game as I type (Aika Online), so once it finishes, we'll see
    how it performs. Oh, and the max memory this comp can support is 8 gb,
    by the way, if that's a factor. As memory prices drop further, this
    computer won't lose its extendability.

    kikaruu, Jul 27, 2010