    some no-nView INF's)

    So, can anybody point me to a no-nView INF?

    Or provide any instructions on how to avoid/remove nView?

    tasTDasd, Mar 9, 2008

  2. tasTDasd

    David Vair Guest

    I just delete the entry in the registry that activates it when windows starts.

    David Vair, Mar 9, 2008

  3. tasTDasd

    Backspace Guest

    Why don't you just use msconfig to stop it from loading instead?

    Backspace, Mar 11, 2008
  4. tasTDasd

    KCB Guest

    msconfig just moves it to another nonloading key. Why keep it at all if
    you don't want it?

    KCB, Mar 12, 2008
  5. tasTDasd

    Mr.E Solved! Guest

    One reason you want to keep things where they were installed is when you
    go to uninstall them the uninstaller doesn't get confused and not do
    the uninstall properly.

    Another reason you might want to disable, rather than delete, is that
    you might need the functionality provided by the applet or service in a
    yet unseen or unforeseeable way.

    nWiz will be replicated upon install if it is deactivated, so you will
    get multiple persistent copies in your registry, it's not just academic
    musing.

    But keep the nvidia driver helper service running, whatever else you
    delete/deactivate, it is a good service.

    Mr.E Solved!, Mar 12, 2008
  6. tasTDasd

    David Vair Guest

    Exactly

    David

    David Vair, Mar 12, 2008
  7. tasTDasd

    KCB Guest

    Deleting an entry from the Run key in the registry does nothing to the
    uninstall program.
    I'll give you this one. Although, nView probably wouldn't fit into the
    category, and the registry entry can always be re-created if necessary.
    Deleting the Run key would add entries to the registry???

    KCB, Mar 15, 2008
  8. tasTDasd

    Backspace Guest

    Because you might decide later that you want it back and it is far
    easier to just use msconfig than editing the registry.

    Backspace, Mar 17, 2008
  9. tasTDasd

    Backspace Guest

    Wow! I just freed up 1K of space by deleting the reg entry. Sorry, don't
    see the logic in that.

    Backspace, Mar 17, 2008
  10. tasTDasd

    David Vair Guest

    I don't use NView at all, so why bother even having it load? Thats why I delete it. If you want it
    to stay then go ahead and keep it. The OP was asking about NView options and I told him what I do.
    I also delete the taskbar entry as I don't need the icon in the system tray, buts that just what I
    do everyone is free to run their own system as they seem fit.

    David Vair, Mar 17, 2008
  11. tasTDasd

    Backspace Guest

    But my point is that you can just stop it from loading with msconfig and
    you won't need to delete anything and it will not be in your taskbar or
    using any resources. If later you decide you want to use it you just go
    to msconfig and enable it again.

    Backspace, Mar 17, 2008
  12. tasTDasd

    David Vair Guest

    Yes, I could do it that way, I just choose not too. That's what nice about computer systems, you
    can set them up and run them anyway you want. Some people like to Overclock, some don't. Neither
    way is wrong its just personal preference.

    David Vair, Mar 17, 2008
  13. tasTDasd

    tasTDasd Guest

    Just found this thread is still on-going.

    OK. The reason why I don't want nView is that I want to save as much HDD
    space as possible. The capacity of the HDD on that very old PC is only
    2.5G, and almost exhausted.

    tasTDasd, Mar 17, 2008
  14. tasTDasd

    Backspace Guest

    That's fine, just next time don't try to make it look like your way is
    the better way.

    Backspace, Mar 24, 2008