    hearing from people who have my particular motherboard...If you know a
    place with a particularly good price I'd appreciate the URL as
    well..Thanks.

    WonderingWhy, Jan 2, 2004

  2. WonderingWhy

    Sam Owens Guest

    If ya don't want to make a vacuum cleaner then get Zalman.
    Quiet, nice, but if ya gotta have noise then get whatever

    Sam

    Sam Owens, Jan 2, 2004

  3. I don't have your motherboard--but the Vantec Aeroflow 7040 (which is
    made for both P4s and for Athlons, get the right one) is a very very
    good cooler. Quiet, too.

    Newegg's price is probably about par--24 or 25 bucks. www.newegg.com

    You might look at this
    http://www.tomshardware.com/newsletter/vol3/13/cooler.html
    Granted, the roundup is coolers for the Athlon XP--but that cpu runs
    hotter than your P4--and there's an excellent table showing noise
    level and cooling effect. Look at the Vantec in that table.

    --
    -denny-

    Some people are offence kleptomaniacs -- whenever they see
    an offence that isn't nailed down, they take it ;-)
    --David C. Pugh, in alt.callahans

    Denny Wheeler, Jan 2, 2004
  4. WonderingWhy

    Woobie Guest

    There's a 14.99 fan at Fry's (Outpost.com I believe.) I think it's made
    by Antec(It's blue.) It's about the size of a softball, and has an
    adjustable knob that fits in one of your PCI slots (not the board slot but
    the case slot.) Turning the knob up equals 6,000 rpm. I bought a boxed
    version of a 2.66 Athlon and the fan that came with it refused to go faster
    than 2,600 rpm. My die temp was a whopping 165 degrees F! I went to Fry's
    and bought the fan on sale for 9.99. It's probably the best (and cheapest)
    fan I've found. My die temp has been 122 degrees F for about 8 months.
    Joe

    Woobie, Jan 11, 2004