Want to buy the MSI NX6600 GT VTD 128MB AGP, Should I ?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Paul M, Feb 25, 2005.

  1. Paul M

    Paul M Guest

    From what ive been reading its a Fully VIVO enabled board.

    Iam going to be upgrading from a 9600 Pro. So i asume ill see a huge
    Performance boost in my games. As i did from my Geforce 3 Ti 200 to my
    9600 pro. though the Upgrade to my Celeron 433 Cpu was allittle help
    on the performance front :)

    Anyone my system now is a :

    Mobile Barton 2500 @ 2.2ghz

    Radeon 9600 Pro.

    PC3200 Dual Channel 2,2,3,5 timmings i think. 2 512 Sticks.

    120 Gig SATA Drive, Hitachi.

    Audigy 2 ZS SoundCard.

    I would like to play games in atleast 1024 by 768 with AA8 AF8. From
    the reviews ive been reading this card will do this. But iam just
    worried my system is not fast enough to use the card fully.

    Anyone got some experince with the system i have and the 6600 GT
    Videocard.

    I can pick my 6600 GT up for 330 bucks Australian. Which is a very
    good price down here and its a local shop as well :)

    Thanks for any help.

    /pS i realy just want it for games. But i would like to be able to
    hook my pc up to my TV. Atleast via Svideo and using my widescreen Tv
    as a media Centre. Would the MSI 6600 do that. As iam not sure its a
    true VIVO card or not ?

    Thanks again.

    Paul M, Feb 25, 2005