    make it input respond to the pen only and ignore anything else or is this a
    hardware issue?

    John Dalberg

    John Dalberg, Aug 11, 2007

  2. It it's a touch screen vs a wacom digitizer, don't think there are any
    options other than learning to avoid contact with the screen other than
    with the stylus.

    It's a compromise... there are pros and cons... for example, with the
    wacom, I miss the ability to use fingers and any stylus and it has taken
    me some time to get comfortable laying my hands on the screen when
    writing based on years of touch screen use.

    One option from a quick look at the specs is to focus on using one of
    the vertical orientations to offer a place to rest the heel of the hand
    when writing... first glance would seem to indicate that with the major
    buttons up would work well.

    Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

    Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev], Aug 11, 2007

  3. Hard on screen ok: Please try to keep finger nails off of screen you will
    have better time, English is my first language

    Michael La Honta, Aug 11, 2007
  4. I find that using a full size stylus helps when writing on a touchscreen
    UMPC. The tiny stylus that fits inside the device makes it hard to write
    without leaning on the screen. But my Asus R2H has a digitizer that requires
    more force to register a touch so it doesn't work as well with fingers, but
    doesn't have as much hand interference when writing either. With touch
    screens you pretty much have either more interference or less responsiveness
    to touch. That's what's so great about the new dual-mode digitizers that are
    out now. You get the top notch quality of a Wacom digitizer that is immune
    to hand interference but when the pen is not in range, the screen becomes
    touch-sensitive.

    Josh Einstein, Aug 11, 2007
  5. Sorry, that was a scribbo. Meant to say "Hand" on screen (like your palm and
    back of pinky is okay but if I don't mind my nails then l get trouble.

    Michael La Honta, Aug 11, 2007
  6. Josh Einstein shared these words of wisdom:
    Sounds really good.

    Rainald

    Rainald Taesler, Aug 11, 2007
  7. John Dalberg

    John Dalberg Guest

    Thanks. I was going to ask wear to get a full size stylus but I guess a
    full size pen would do. I would just block the ink.

    John Dalberg

    John Dalberg, Aug 12, 2007
  8. John Dalberg

    Sven Guest

    Aargh no. You will scratch up your screen with a regular pen. There are lots
    of pens that support an actual stylus, individual, or multifunction.
    www.styluscentral.com has a good assortment to look at. Don't know where you
    are but in the US, Staples, OfficeDepot, OfficeMax all carry pens with
    styli.

    If you actually need a stylus for a wacom style digitizer, probably the one
    made by Cross would be the premier choice.
    http://www.stylisource.com/detail.asp?product_ID=CP510CS-01

    Sven, Aug 13, 2007