    I want to try to "max out" my LX and Classic.

    Many thanks,
    John

    John Reddie, Jan 25, 2006

  2. The Sparc LX takes standard 72 pin parity Simms. At least thats what I
    filled my LX with. I got mine from Ebay.

    Cost £4 a pair.

    Theres a "buy it now" offer on Ebay uk for a set of 32Mb parity simms
    (Although £10 is more than a bit expensive for a set of these things IMHO)

    graham salkin, Jan 25, 2006

  3. Your best bet I think is at http://www.memoryx.net/

    Aren't those those weird word-wide parity modules? You aren't going to
    find them anywhere short of places catering to selling Sun memory...

    Doug McIntyre, Jan 25, 2006
  4. John Reddie

    S.C.Sprong Guest

    As far as I know, 60 ns 72-pin parity SIMMs from an old pentium peecee work
    just as well.

    scs

    S.C.Sprong, Jan 26, 2006
  5. In my experience, you can use any 36-bit SIMM that has the right number
    of pins and speed to replace a Sun 33-bit SIMM. The extra 3 bits are
    just ignored. Of course, the converse is not true. 33-bit SIMMs don't
    work worth a darn in a system that uses all 36 bits.

    carl

    Carl Lowenstein, Jan 27, 2006