    which parts to remove in which order to get to the board...

    TIA,
    -Lotofun

    Lot-o-fun, Jul 9, 2004

  2. x
    Try: http://home.earthlink.net/~strahm_s/manuals.html#ibks

    Cathy

    Cathy Stevenson, Jul 18, 2004

  3. Lot-o-fun

    Lot-o-fun Guest

    Thanks for the reference. Unfortunately, the link to the "service
    manual" for the clamshell iBook leads to a document that really isn't
    much more than a user's manual, only dealing with customer installable
    parts. I'd like something that will let me take apart the machine in
    order to get to the logic boards underneath...

    Thanks again!

    -Lotofun

    Lot-o-fun, Jul 19, 2004
  4. Lot-o-fun

    Lot-o-fun Guest

    I looked on this site and couldn't find anything relevant. Could you
    give me a link to the actual page you're talking about? Thanks!

    Lot-o-fun, Jul 19, 2004
  5. Lot-o-fun

    Tom Stiller Guest

    Which links did you follow? I was able to download the iBook (FireWire)
    service manual which covers Take Apart, Exploded Views, Screw Reference,
    and Troubleshooting, substantially more than customer installable parts.

    Tom Stiller

    PGP fingerprint = 5108 DDB2 9761 EDE5 E7E3
    7BDA 71ED 6496 99C0 C7CF

    Tom Stiller, Jul 19, 2004
  6. Lot-o-fun

    Tom Stiller Guest

    The links led me to here:
    Lest you misunderstand, the FireWire iBook *is* a clamshell iBook. My
    old iBook is the "iBook Special Edition (FireWire)" for which there is
    no manual, but the "iBook, iBook (FireWire)" manual is close enough for
    me.

    The manual is a PDF and yes, I looked at all the images for Take Apart,
    and Exploded Views. There is even a movie of the handle spring tension
    adjustment.

    Tom Stiller, Jul 19, 2004
  7. It's true the original iBooks didn't have Firewire. However the early
    Firewire models were so similar to the ones they replaced that I've
    successfully used the service manual for the Firewire model when working
    on a non-Firewire one.

    Tom Harrington, Jul 19, 2004
  8. One good page with details on disassembling clamshell iBooks is
    <http://caslis.com/mac/ibook/ibdrive.html>. Depending on what kind of
    work you need to do, this page may have enough information that you
    don't need the service manual.

    Tom Harrington, Jul 19, 2004