WANTED: Singel CPU based board with 64bit PCI-X slot (NO PCI-e)

Discussion in 'Supermicro' started by MoRpHeUs, Jun 23, 2005.

  1. MoRpHeUs

    MoRpHeUs Guest

    Dear Sir or Madam,

    I'm looking for a mainboard that meets the below requirements:

    - Singel processor based mainboard (can be INTEL or AMD based board!)
    - 1 AGP 8x Graphic Slot.
    - Minimal 2 PCI slots.
    - Minimal 1 PCI-X 64bit slot
    (please do not confused by PCI-e that sometimes is wrong credited as
    PCI-X!!!)

    If you can help me, please give me: brand & model number of the board.

    Thanks in advance.

    Best regards,
    Dhr. Geert Pirens

    MoRpHeUs, Jun 23, 2005

  2. MoRpHeUs

    Rob Stow Guest

    If you want PCI-X and AGP 8X from Tyan - or just about any other
    motherboard manufacturer - you are going to have to get a dualie
    motherboard. Nothing says you can't leave one of the CPU sockets
    empty. Now that almost everyone wants PCI-E, many bargains can
    be found for new and used dualie motherboards that don't have
    PCI-E. A friend of mine, for example, got a Tyan S2885 last
    month for $200 from someone who upgraded to a S2895.

    SuperMicro, however, does (or at least used to) make a board that
    fits your description. I can't remember the model number so you
    are going to have to look for yourself at www.supermicro.com.
    The hard part will be finding someone to sell you a single board.

    Other than the SuperMicro board, the only single socket
    motherboard with PCI-X that I have heard of was a socket 479 (for
    Pentium-M). Made by A-Open or DFI - can't remember which. It
    only had AGP 4x but I don't think you should let that deter you -
    even 3+ years after the debute of AGP 8x, video cards do very
    little to take advantage of it.

    Rob Stow, Jun 23, 2005

  3. MoRpHeUs

    MoRpHeUs Guest

    Thanks for your GREAT reaction!!!!!

    MoRpHeUs, Jun 24, 2005
  4. MoRpHeUs

    Henrik Tived Guest

    try Iwill, I haven't checked, but they too make highend boards

    Good luck

    Henrik

    PS: I'll just enjoy my dual - with PCI-x

    Henrik Tived, Jun 26, 2005
  5. MoRpHeUs

    Rolo Guest

    Supermicro P4SCT for one