    socket. Can anyone recomend a heat sink that can be used with this
    mother board and an AMD 2400 XP chip

    Thanks in advance

    blackpikex, Feb 6, 2004

  2. blackpikex

    +CrimsonLiar Guest

    Quite a few of the current gigabyte boards suffer from this. I would guess
    quite a few people in here have taken a dremmel to the heatsink (please dont
    use a dremel on the capacitor it doesnt have quite the same effect), to just
    take off that one corner that gets in the way. Please though if you do try
    this MAKE SURE YOU CLEAN OUT ALL THE LITTLE METAL FILINGS BEFORE YOU PUT THE
    HEAT SINK IN PLACE!!!!!!

    CrimsonLiar

    +CrimsonLiar, Feb 6, 2004

  3. blackpikex

    ray hartman Guest

    BP:

    No need for a fancy-pants HS. The Ga-7VT600 like to stay cool. I'm running
    the std. HSF on a Barton2600, and active-CPU temps come in at a chilly
    45_C.
    Full-tower case w/3-casefans.

    ray hartman, Feb 7, 2004
  4. blackpikex

    Tim Guest

    Rip out the capacitor. If the board doesn't work afterwards, RMA it.
    - Tim

    Tim, Feb 8, 2004
  5. blackpikex

    blackpikex Guest