warning!! cpu clock or ratio are programming fail

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by Ray, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. Ray

    Ray Guest

    "warning!! cpu clock or ratio are programming fail previously Please
    setup CPU clock again"
    what does this mean?
    the machine in question E-8K5A2 / 2000XP cpu stock standard....

    after a hardware device is installed eg:
    mitsubishi pro internet keyboard / magic software
    hp usb printer,
    mitsu 1770h monitor

    the above error comes up after restart
    and then is ok after 2nd reboot....
    speeds are correct everytime in intial post screen
    1633mhz and multiplier 12.5x133
    bios reads 133 mhz and auto...12.5 x not available so set on auto
    any tips ideas etc please and thank you
    this drive me nuttles :-/
    ray

    Ray, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Ray

    CoCo Guest

    hi

    just means that cpu init. failed! no wory unless it's becommung frequent.
    can be a indicator of bad/to small psu.

    coco

    CoCo, Nov 5, 2003

  3. I had that problem too, could it be when you switch power supplies , it does
    it the first time too? went to an antec sl350

    Chris Johnson, Nov 5, 2003
  4. Ray

    B Guest

    Reset your bios to default and see if you have the problem. If you still
    have the problem try reseating all connectors and cards and even reseat the
    motherboard battery. Then try stepping up and overclock a little at the
    time.

    regards

    B, Nov 6, 2003