    Dave Smith Guest

    Is it 12 month?

    Thanks

    Dave Smith, Mar 31, 2005

  2. Manufacturer Warranty:

    Gigabyte offers a three year limited warranty to purchasers of Gigabyte
    Motherboards and Graphics Accelerators, starting from the date of
    production January 01, 2001. (A one year limited warranty still applies
    to the date of production prior to January 01, 2001.) For the 1st and
    2nd year : free labor cost +
    free component replacement
    For the 3rd year : charge labor cost (US$10) + charge for component
    replacement . For consecutive violation of NTF (No Trouble Found) Rate
    higher than 30% , a charge of USD$10 testing fee per NTF board will be
    invoiced to customer

    Manufacturer RMA Policy:

    Warranty (Repair) Service will not be provided , if the following
    conditions apply:
    1. If the broken wire on the PCB exceeds a total of 4.
    2. Screw hole , Burn-out.
    3. Damage due to Improper packaging / handling.
    4. 5V-GND Short ( Warranty is 13 weeks ).
    3V-GND Short ( Warranty is one year ).
    5. Chips burn-out.
    6. Extreme Environmental conditions causing oxidization of pares chipset
    which exceeds 1cm or puncture through hole copper.
    7. Over 4 BGA pads have become detached after 1 year.
    8. Any repair work performed by non-Gigabyte engineers on GBT boards.

    **Remark 1 : for the defects excluded from the above conditions,
    Gigabyte will still make the great effort on repair service**
    **Remark 2 : above conditions do not include phase-out parts**

    Travis Jordan, Mar 31, 2005

  3. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    The warranty is pretty complex. I might be able to get my old mainboard repair.
    BTW, can you tell me whether my ATI video or six months old Gigabyte board is
    bad, when I bootup in resolution or 256 color fuzzy. I had swapped the monitor
    and still the same.

    Thanks

    Dave Smith, Mar 31, 2005