Warranty for Refurbished Vostro 1000 Notebook?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Mister Softie, Oct 4, 2007.

  1. Vostro 1000 comes with 1Y ltd warranty and mail in service. You have
    to pay extra for NBD onsite service and for additional years.

    How long a service contract is appropriate for a refurbished system
    purchased from Dell Outlet? If, after 1Y, I decide to get additional
    years of coverage, will it be more expensive to buy coverage then,
    rather than paying for it now?

    I'll be spending about $450-$500 on the system, so it woudn't make
    sense for me to purchase the dell recommended $338 for 3Y. But then
    I can understand a getting warranty for longer 1Y for a notebook.

    Here're the warranty options:

    Vos 1000 UPG: 1Yr Ltd Warranty and NBD On-site Service [add $39.00]
    Vos 1000 UPG: 1Yr Ltd Warranty and NBD On-site Service + CompleteCare
    [add $138.00]
    Vos 1000 UPG: 1Yr Ltd Warranty and NBD On-site Service + Gold
    Technical Support [add $99.00]
    Vos 1000 UPG: 1Yr Ltd Warranty and NBD On-site Service + CompleteCare
    + Gold Technical Support [add $198.00]
    Vos 1000 UPG: 2Yr Ltd Warranty and NBD On-site Service [add $79.00]
    Vos 1000 UPG: 2Yr Ltd Warranty and NBD On-site Service + CompleteCare
    [add $198.00]
    Vos 1000 UPG: 2Yr Ltd Warranty and NBD On-site Service + Gold
    Technical Support [add $168.00]
    Vos 1000 UPG: 2Yr Ltd Warranty and NBD On-site Service + CompleteCare
    + Gold Technical Support [add $287.00]
    Vos 1000 UPG: 3Yr Ltd Warranty and NBD On-site Service + Gold
    Technical Support [add $268.00]
    Vos 1000 UPG: 3Yr Ltd Warranty and NBD On-site Service + CompleteCare
    + Gold Technical Support [add $437.00]
    Vos 1000 UPG: 3Yr Ltd Warranty and NBD On-site Service + CompleteCare
    [add $338.00]
    Dell Recommended - CompleteCare protects you from the costs of
    accidental drops, spills and surges.
    Vos 1000 UPG: 3Yr Ltd Warranty and NBD On-site Service [add $169.00]

    Mister Softie, Oct 4, 2007

  2. Mister Softie

    Fixer Guest

    It's all a matter of choice really but personally I'd go for the 3yr NBD
    onsite + complete care coz you never know what might happen ie you might
    before the warranty runs out fall over and smash your laptop :) not that I'm
    suggesting anything of course

    Fixer, Oct 4, 2007

  3. Mister Softie

    S.Lewis Guest

    <snip>

    Yes, you can extend the warranty before the original warranty expires and
    yes it will cost more. I'd advise that you move up to the 1400 and upgrade
    to 2 years of NBD warranty and re-evaluate an extension at that point down
    the road.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Oct 4, 2007