Watching videos on TV from ATI Radeon 9800 AIW is not very smooth.

Discussion in 'ATI' started by ANTant, Dec 26, 2003.

  1. ANTant

    ANTant Guest

    Happy Holidays!!

    Has anyone noticed watching videos (DVD movies, video files, TV shows,
    etc.) isn't very smooth on TV output compared to the computer's video
    screen? I am using 640x480 NTSC M, clone overlay (Theater mode, same
    as source video, and 4:3 standard TV).

    And yes, I do use my computer to watch TV shows because I can use MMC
    v8.8's TV-on-Demand program. Please remember even if I am not recording,
    it isn't smooth on TV. It is like 30 FPS on computer, but 25 FPS. I can
    tell the differences. It doesn't matter what player I use: Windows
    Media Player v6.4, MMC, QuickTime v6.5, etc.

    I am using Windows XP Professional SP1 (all updates) on an Athlon XP
    2200+ with 1 GB of RAM and Catacylst v3.10 (seen this problem in older
    versions). Also, using AGP 4x.

    Thank you in advance. :)
    --
    "Why eat ants when an uncle will do?" --Tymoutta Aardvarka of
    Sarcastica
    | |o o| | E-mail: or
    \ _ / Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
    ( )

    ANTant, Dec 26, 2003

  2. ANTant

    Read Guest

    This helped me,

    I made batch file (below) as my shortcut to run the atiTV:
    It runs ATI multimedia in "realtime" mode thus taking more of the comp
    resorces and better performace

    Good luck

    start "" /realtime "C:\Program Files\ATI Multimedia\main\ATIMMC.exe"

    Read, Dec 26, 2003

  3. ANTant

    ANTant Guest

    Isn't this the same setting when picking processor usage during MMC's
    wizard?

    ANTant, Dec 27, 2003