    the cables are tidy and no big obstructions are in the way of air flow.
    What's my problem? and would water cooling sort it out?

    Thanks

    del, Jun 2, 2004

  2. del

    rms Guest

    Can someone recommend a good and CHEAP CPU water cooling system,

    It's $150-250 for a decent system, and not recommended for most people,
    unless you enjoy tweaking and fabrication.
    52C is not bad. If you have a motherboard with holes try a SP-97 with
    92mm 80cfm fan, or a SLK-947 with a 120mm fan -> 80mm fan adaptor installed,
    with a 80-100cfm 120mm panaflo.

    rms

    rms, Jun 2, 2004

  3. You could try something crazy like
    http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dstrausser33
    A Xeon Wind Tunnel Fan on a 2200+ or 3000+ I'm sure would work too.
    The HSF was by Antec, I took off Antec's fan and put the wind tunnel on
    instead.
    Cool, huh. & is, it took the temps down by 5ºc or so.
    Denny.

    Dennis E Strausser Jr, Jun 3, 2004
  4. del

    Alex Guest

    Why do you have the rear fan blowing in?

    Alex, Jun 3, 2004
  5. del

    del Guest

    Read my post again.. I didnt say it was blowing in

    del, Jun 3, 2004
  6. Yes it is blowing in, I didn't really notice it till you said something.
    And it would probably help me to flip it over, thank you much.
    Denny. :)

    Dennis E Strausser Jr, Jun 3, 2004
  7. del

    Alex Guest

    You'd get more flow with a hole cut in the back as well, rather than the few
    drilled holes as well :)

    Alex, Jun 3, 2004
  8. del

    Peng Guest

    I got 1 workshop made water cooler for about SG$ 100. It does not look
    as good as the much more expensive commercial one. It is working fine
    on my system. I just overclocked my AMD 2.6+ to 3.3+ and the temp is
    only 47°C. I guess it could go up further but I will stop there at the
    moment. My main needs was not the speed but the noise & heat generated
    from my previous system. Contact me if you interested. You can modify
    the unit to your need. What you need from water cooler system is only
    CPU heat sink with water connector and the cooling is limited only
    your water container and your tweaking skill.

    Peng, Jun 9, 2004