    Another question where can I get some dye for the fluid in the UK or is the
    vegitable dyes used in cooking safe.

    Ding

    Dinger, Dec 21, 2003

  2. Dinger

    Hank Guest

    A common mixture is 85% distilled water 15% glycol antifreeze and 1oz Water
    Wetter per quart. Water Wetter is an automotive coolant additive which
    lowers the viscosity (makes thinner) of the coolant for better heat
    transfer. I have no idea if its available in the UK but if not you could
    probably find an equivalent.

    Hank

    Hank, Dec 21, 2003

  3. Dinger

    rms Guest

    A common mixture is 85% distilled water 15% glycol antifreeze and 1oz
    Water
    There is no rationale for adding antifreeze to a watercooling setup,
    none at all. The water wetter sold by someplace like Dangerden includes
    anti-corrosion/fungal agents, and is all you need to add to distilled
    (preferably non-ionic) water.

    rms

    rms, Dec 21, 2003
  4. Dinger

    fish Guest

    right but without the water wetter the glycol actas as an
    anti-corrosion/fungal agent.

    fish, Dec 21, 2003
  5. Dinger

    Hank Guest

    And then there are people that will tell you that using non ionized water is
    a waste too. What's next no chlorine no iodine no Lysol no antibiotics no
    hot tub chemicals no UV lights? Where will it stop?

    Hank

    Hank, Dec 21, 2003
  6. Dinger

    Arthur Hagen Guest

    No hydrogen oxide... :)

    Regards,

    Arthur Hagen, Dec 22, 2003
  7. Dinger

    straiton Guest

    running copper bits in mine, added small amount of car radiator coolant to
    distilled water.I think if you're using aluminium and copper in your system
    add a good (larger) dollop of coolant.The more coolant you add , the more
    cooling effectiveness you lose, though.
    --
    Steve H
    Epox 8RDA+ v1.1,Vdd mod

    straiton, Dec 23, 2003
  8. Dinger

    straiton Guest

    And then there are people that will tell you that using non ionized water
    is
    when hell is watercooled.......Sorry..:)

    straiton, Dec 23, 2003
  9. Coolant has anti-"most-things-green" chemicals in it (get a coolant leak
    on a car and the moss on the pavement will vanish pretty much overnight).

    Redline Water Wetter is easily available in the UK.

    If you mix Water Wetter & Coolant, particularly with dissimilar metals
    in the system, then you can get some copper-compounds displaced out.
    This will be a brown sludge, altho more noticeable on cars re bigger
    system frequently with multiple dissimilar metals & large liquid volume.

    You do not need much coolant.
    If really bothered about colour, it can vary in colour with blue, purple
    and green commonly available - purple is the propylene based stuff IIRC.

    Dorothy Bradbury, Dec 24, 2003