    knows where to find it!

    Rufus

    (I don't know if alt.ascii-art will be much help)

    Rufus V. Smith, Jan 27, 2005

  2. Well, after working on the sector display and adopting the more usual
    and sensible hex-on-the-left and ascii-on-the-right format, I realized I
    have a 16 x 32 ascii canvas for normal ascii art.

    (as Emily Latella would say: "Never Mind")

    Although refs or posts of good sample art would be appreciated!

    Rufus

    Rufus V. Smith, Jan 27, 2005

  3. Rufus V. Smith

    Paul Burke Guest

    You just want to write F*** OFF to people who are trying to crack your
    code, don't you?

    Paul Burke

    Paul Burke, Jan 28, 2005
  4. Not exactly.

    It was more for my own amusement, for when I find the sector I'm looking
    for, or thought I wrote, rather than recognizing numeric patterns
    like 01 02 03 04, or 0xDEADBEEF

    Besides, I don't use that language. Especially in code.

    Rufus

    Rufus V. Smith, Jan 28, 2005
  5. Rufus V. Smith

    Mark Zenier Guest

    One of the programs in the NetPBM graphics package is pbmtoascii.

    Something along the lines of

    anytopnm [file] | ppmtopgm | pgmtopbm | pbmtoascii -2x4 >output

    will convert a graphics file to an ascii printout.

    The option on pbmtoascii sets how many bits of the image
    are used for a character. Either -1x2 or -2x4.

    Mark Zenier Washington State resident
    Furthering productivity.

    Mark Zenier, Feb 8, 2005