    What is the PM2 Enabled jumper

    Thanks

    Martineau Gauda

    nttp, Dec 25, 2003

  2. nttp

    Zeneca Guest

    Raptor is SATA, so you don't need to touch ANY jumper.

    Zeneca, Dec 26, 2003

  3. Anything that is made with settable jumpers has an important reason for the
    jumpers, even on a SATA drive.

    Manufactures dont't go through the cost of putting them there without some
    important reason.

    I would like to know the settings because I am having problems with a drive
    activity light on SATA.

    Thanks

    Martineau

    Martineau Gauda, Dec 26, 2003
  4. nttp

    Zeneca Guest

    Zeneca, Dec 26, 2003
  5. Found some information on WD web site concerning the jumpers. They are used
    to set the powerup mode.

    PM2 is not enabled on the drive. I am only using one of the drives and I
    cannot get drive activity light from motherboard.

    Thanks

    Martineau

    Martineau F. Gauda, Dec 26, 2003
  6. nttp

    Zeneca Guest

    Do you have any other IDE HD?
    Does light the LED normally?
    I would check first the connection of the HD LED on the mobo because the
    connection has polarity +,-.

    Zeneca, Dec 27, 2003
  7. The activity light works when the DVD and CDROM drives are accessed on the
    Secondary IDE channel but no activity when the SATA drive is accessed. The
    single raptor SATA drive is on the Intel SATA channel.

    All this cutting edge high tech and a simple, very important necessity does
    not function on SATA?

    Thanks

    Martineau

    Martineau Gauda, Dec 27, 2003
  8. Apparently you're not the only one with that problem. Seems to be mo/bo
    related.

    Stephan

    Stephan Grossklass, Dec 27, 2003
  9. nttp

    Guest Guest

    That's funny. Anyway ide LED is not a necessity, but real nice to
    have. I would concur probably a motherboard problem. I had an old asus
    motherboard once that did not support the ide LED.

    Interesting - looks like the bleeding edge is bleeding with sata and
    all those new goodies to get us to spend more money ;-))

    Later

    Alan

    Guest, Dec 28, 2003