Weak WIFI on X201.

Discussion in 'IBM Thinkpad' started by Datapata, Nov 20, 2011.

  1. Datapata

    Datapata Guest

    Hello yall!
    I have a Thinkpad X201 and this problem has manifested itself in
    Windows7(32bit/64bit), Debian 6.0(64bit), Ubuntu 10.04(64Bit) Kubuntu
    11.10(64Bit).
    The card I use is a Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6200 (rev
    35).

    When Im in my room I cant pick up the Wifi signal from a router that
    is one floor directly underneath and this makes me a sad panda. My
    girlfriend does not have this problem on her MacBook and my previous
    laptop didn't have this problem. The signal *IS* weak on these
    computers but I would like to at least be able pick it up and do some
    browsing with my Thinkpad from my bed.

    So what I'm wondering is could I buy a better antenna for my Thinkpad
    and is there a better(does this equal "stronger"?) Wifi-card that I
    could put in my machine?

    Cheers, Simon.

    Datapata, Nov 20, 2011