webcam & software suggestion (Windows)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Geoff Glave, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Geoff Glave

    Geoff Glave Guest

    I'm wondering if anyone can make a webcam suggestion for me? In fact,
    it's more of a software request than a hardware request. I'm looking
    for a USB webcam that will come with some Windows software that allows
    me to shoot a time-lapse movie. Ideally I'd like the software to be
    configurable to shoot a frame an hour (9 frames a day), M-F between
    8am and 4pm. Over the course of a year-and-a-half that should give me
    around 3500 frames, so at 16 frames-per-second I'll wind up with a 3.5
    minute movie.

    Alternately, I could have the camera shoot 9 date and time stamped
    sortable .jpgs a day, but then I'd need some software to stitch the
    3500 jpegs into a movie.

    Any suggestions?

    Cheers,
    Geoff Glave
    Vancouver, Canada

    PS Please reply to group - Email address is spamtrap.

    Geoff Glave, Feb 6, 2004