    linefeed into this post. Anyone know how to undo this without
    having to reboot? (I hate Vista.) This just happened now for the
    first time.

    Jerry, Mar 1, 2008

  2. Jerry

    Journey Guest

    You're probably not going to like this answer, but just reboot. It it
    continues to happen it's a problem. If it doesn't, then it's just one
    of those strange things that happens from time to time.

    Journey, Mar 1, 2008

  3. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    thanks, Journey. I put it to sleep, and when it came back the
    problem was gone.

    It just might have to do with the front buttons, as described in
    my post above this one. The designers apparently never really
    used it as a laptop.

    Jerry, Mar 1, 2008
  4. Jerry

    Tom Scales Guest

    It's usually a stuck key (alt, ctrl, shift).

    Just tap all of them a few times to unstick it.

    Nothing to do with Vista.

    Tom Scales, Mar 2, 2008
  5. Jerry

    RnR Guest

    Hey Tom, how is life up North now? Do you miss Florida or should I
    say it's climate?

    RnR, Mar 2, 2008
  6. Jerry

    Journey Guest

    Being another Northerner, this is one of the worst winters that I can
    remember for a long time. I am going to take some pictures of the
    huge snow piles.

    As you can probably imagine, I am prepared though. "Winter is only as
    cold as the warm clothes you don't wear". The keys to staying warm in
    winter are:

    - Gortex boots or shoes, they don't even need to be insulated. I
    like Irish Setter. This is the one I have: http://tinyurl.com/2v689f

    - Down Parka with Hood. The Parka part and Hood part are very
    important. I use the Eddie Bauer North Slope Down Parka, now $99
    usually $250, rated to -40 degrees F (actual degrees, not wind chill)
    http://tinyurl.com/2j2sso

    For a parka, I get one size too large so I can layer something
    underneath.

    - Gloves -- long helps. I use the Land's End Extreme Squall Ultra
    Gloves http://tinyurl.com/34fmp2

    I can honestly say that I am rarely cold when I am wearing all the
    above. I had to wait outside in very cold weather for an hour a few
    days ago and I didn't get cold at all.

    The worst part for me is that my car is parked outside. I hate it
    when ice is frozen on the glass. This year large snow piles also make
    it hard to see oncoming traffic when coming from a side street.

    Eddie Bauer has great end-of-winter sales. That's how I got the down
    parka for a good price. I would never pay full price.

    Journey, Mar 2, 2008
  7. Jerry

    RnR Guest

    I will keep your post for reference when and if I need winter gear but
    today it was 80 degrees :) . Seriously tho, I understand good
    winter gear is essential. I used to have to work all day in all kinds
    of weather for 3 years in NY so I do know what you mean by the hazards
    of winter. And I remember warming up my car for 30 minutes (for the
    windshield to clear) the day after a snow storm inorder to go to work.

    RnR, Mar 2, 2008