    Gothic3 and Risen run smooth as glass ??????

    Note: I did not overclock the 275. I just tuned it.

    johns

    johns, Dec 29, 2009

  2. johns

    Augustus Guest

    When you initially removed the 8800GT and put the new card in, did you d/l
    and install new drivers from nVidia? The only way a GTX 275 card will run
    slower than an 8800GT is if there is something seriously wrong with the
    installed driver.

    Augustus, Dec 29, 2009

  3. johns

    deimos Guest

    Last I knew, GT200 cards downclock themselves automatically if
    sufficient amps aren't supplied over the +12v. I don't know why the
    driver wouldn't warn the OP about this, but it should show up in any
    overclocking or tweaking utilitiy where you can see your actual clock
    speeds.

    deimos, Dec 29, 2009