Wes- some help again

Discussion in 'AMD Thunderbird' started by Gordon Abbot, Feb 5, 2005.

  1. Gordon Abbot

    Gordon Abbot Guest

    Wes,

    You were kind to help me with the question below. After that, events
    happened that had me postpone the cpu upgrade.
    I would like to purchase a new cpu but a bit confused when I go to
    priceline as to which cpu is compatible. What is the specific
    nomenclature I should look for?

    Thanks,

    GA

    No, yes.

    All of them.

    Multiplier x FSb = cpu speed.

    The AMD 761 supports a 133MHz FSB. 24x133.34 = 3200MHz. That's the top
    speed you can get without overclocking the FSB. There are currently no AND
    Athlon cpu's that run over 2250MHz (unless overclocked). See link below.
    I'd probably suggest a 2400+ for your board.

    -- Abit KT7-Raid (KT133) Tbred B core CPU @2400MHz (24x100FSB)

    Gordon Abbot, Feb 5, 2005

  2. Gordon Abbot

    Wes Newell Guest