Western Digital Drives in RAID arrays - watch out !!......

Discussion in 'Abit' started by John Lewis, Jul 6, 2003.

  1. John Lewis

    John Lewis Guest

    A very interesting tidbit seen today as I was perusing the Western
    Digital Web-site:-

    " Why do EIDE drives disappear from the IDE RAID array or system after
    a short period (days or weeks) of error-free operation?

    Affected drives:

    WD drives with capacities between 40GB & 120GB

    WD drives with greater than 120GB capacity with Mfg. date codes
    earlier than 3/25/03 "

    Here is the URL for the problem details and (software) fix:-

    http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc...hp?p_admin=1&p_faqid=913&p_created=1047068027

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jul 6, 2003