What about EP-9NPA+ Mobo's?

Discussion in 'Epox' started by Semi Head, Jul 2, 2005.

  1. Semi Head

    Semi Head Guest

    Epox EP-9NPA+ is based on the AMD_64 CPU in the 939 socket using PCI-E
    (16x) graphic card slot..

    Currently, Epox's flagship 939 board is the 9NPA+ ULTRA.

    It is highly rated by many major motherboard testing companies.
    The EP-9NPA+ ULTRA benchmark test are near equal (if not better than) to
    it's 6 or 7 brand name competitors, in every testing category.

    Reviews of GP-9NPA+ ULTRA mobo (below):

    http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NzQ4

    http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=review&dId=764

    http://www.ocworkbench.com/2005/epox/ep-9npa+ultra/g1.htm

    http://www.legionhardware.com/html/doc.php?id=407

    http://www.thecrucible.ca/reviews/9npa/index.php

    http://www.tbreak.com/reviews/article.php?id=343

    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/epox-9npa.html

    But no one posts about them in this newsgroup!
    Wonder why that is?

    S_H

    Semi Head, Jul 2, 2005

  2. Semi Head

    LBJGH Guest

    I have used Epox boards for the last 4-5 systems and I'm quite happy with
    them however DFI have replaced Epox as the premium overclocking motherboard.

    I think I would consider the DFI lanparty board now if I was building since
    the enthusiast crowd have gotten on board with DFI providing valuable forum
    related support. Just consider this Epox forum.... no activity at all. :(

    LBJGH, Jul 2, 2005

  3. Semi Head

    DaveL Guest

    DFI boards cost more. I like Epox for tweaking on a budget. And it's not
    all about overclocking for me. It's about bang for the buck. This is why I
    use Epox motherboards.

    No activity here could be a sign that Epox boards just work better.

    DaveL

    DaveL, Jul 2, 2005
  4. Semi Head

    LBJGH Guest

    Retailers in the Greater Toronto area don't seem to stock Epox any more. :(

    LBJGH, Jul 3, 2005
  5. Semi Head

    husky55 Guest

    You will be be sorry with the Epox 9NPA+

    husky55, Jul 6, 2005
  6. Would you please elaborate as to *why* you have this opinion? Your
    statement by itself doesn't say a whole lot.

    Regards,

    Margaret

    Margaret Wilson, Jul 6, 2005
  7. Semi Head

    husky55 Guest

    I just built a system using the Epox 9NPA+ Ultra, AMD Venice 3000, 1 GB
    RAM, DVD-RW, Fortron Blue Storm PS etc ...

    I always used ASUS and/or MSI MB, but with the NF4 Chipset, ASUS and MSI
    have problems, the Northbridge fan being real noisy on the ASUS and the
    MSI has problem with the Venice 90 ns core.

    All those problems are well documented at Anandtech.com and others sites
    for technology hobbyists.

    This is my first Epox board and I have to say that it is everything I
    had hoped for, rcok solid, boot up with the new Venice core with no
    problem and all the sounds, LAN, USB Firewire ports all works. Plus Epox
    gives you some cables and tools which are really appreciated.

    That is the reason I said what I said. You can form your own opnion of
    course depending on your own experience. I can only based my experience
    on this one sample. But it is a real good experience.

    husky55, Jul 6, 2005
  8. Semi Head

    husky55 Guest

    You will NOT be be sorry with the Epox 9NPA+

    husky55, Jul 6, 2005
  9. Thanks for the correction on that. Now I get it. :) My first Epox board
    is an 8RDA+. It's been fantastic. If I build a system before too much
    longer, I'll probably go for the 9NPA+ Ultra. Thanks for your comments.

    Regards,

    Margaret

    Margaret Wilson, Jul 6, 2005
  10. Semi Head

    DaveL Guest

    If I was to upgrade today, I would get a 9NPA+ Ultra. I have two 8RDA+s and
    they NEVER lockup. Even with exploding caps and overclocked, never a hicup.
    I have built two boxes recently with the Epox NF3 socket 754 boards (I can't
    remember the model number). They have been fast and rock solid now for 3
    months. My brother and friend have much respect for my pc building skills
    now.

    DaveL

    DaveL, Jul 7, 2005
  11. I've built lots of systems over the years, having used boards from
    SuperMicro, Asus, Abit, BioStar, and two Via ITX boards. That's not
    including my Epox 8RDA+. The only board I've used that was *terrible*, was
    the Biostar. But at the time, it was the only board that fit my specs.
    That Biostar was the only board I've ever thrown in the trash. Anyway, my
    point is although there are other boards that I've had good luck with, my
    8RDA+ is by far the best. BTW, mine's overclocked too, and it runs 24/7, no
    problems whatsoever.

    Regards,

    Margaret

    Margaret Wilson, Jul 7, 2005
  12. Semi Head

    DaveL Guest

    Me too. I also had a bad time building a sytem with a Biostar board (memory
    and video card compatibilty issues). But I once built a system with an
    Aopen board and it was the worst. I only got it half working after six
    months and a few bios updates. No more Aopen for me. Asus is solid as is
    Abit. I still have an old Abit BX board running with a Tualatin Celly. MSI
    is OK, not as good as the others but OK. For the money, Epox is the best.

    DaveL

    DaveL, Jul 7, 2005