What are those GSO, GS, GT, GTS, GTX, GTX+, Ultra codenames standfor?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by T. T., Jan 13, 2009.

  1. T. T.

    T. T. Guest

    Hi there, sorry if this has been discussed before. I had tried to
    google it but couldn't seem to be able to find a quick answer. For
    nvidia graphics cards, what does these codenames stands for?

    GSO
    GS
    GT
    GTS
    GTX
    GTX+

    For example, here it listed quite a few graphics cards:

    http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/...008/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-X-SP2,784.html

    But I just don't know how to really differentiate their true
    differences (e.g. 8800 GTS vs 8800 GS or 8800 GT), if someone could
    please explain how nVidia came up with these codenames please let me
    know, thanks!

    T. T., Jan 13, 2009

  2. T. T.

    K2NNJ Guest

    How come I cannot find a 9800GT in that graph? I am curious as to why
    some websites don't even list it.
    I have PNY 9800GT 1024, and they don't list it on their site.

    K2NNJ, Jan 19, 2009

  3. T. T.

    Anonymous Guest

    It is listed, right between the 9600GT and the 9800GTS. Did you forget
    to put on your glasses? ;-)

    Bye!

    Anonymous, Jan 19, 2009
  4. T. T.

    K2NNJ Guest

    Not the 8800GT. I'm looking for the Ninety Eight Hundred GT 1024.

    K2NNJ, Jan 19, 2009