    Would like to play X2 The Threat Full detail can now but no realy high
    FPS.

    Thanks.

    OCZ Guy, Jul 22, 2004

  2. OCZ Guy

    Ben Pope Guest

    Well if you were attempting to use the 9600 Pro as a CPU... lots of
    improvement. If you are attempting to use the CPU as a video card... I
    think you'll be disappointed :p

    If you want to know how much of an improvement a 2.5GHz (and thats going
    some) CPU would be over your old one, then knowing your old one might help.

    If you want to know how much of an improvement the 9800 Pro will be over the
    9600 Pro, with the added addition of that CPU, then probably quite a bit, as
    I can't imagine many games will be CPU limited on a 2.5GHz Barton. Probably
    around double the performance in intensive games, as you have doubled the
    number of pipelines.

    I think you'll be impressed.

    Ben

    Ben Pope, Jul 22, 2004

  3. OCZ Guy

    OCZ Guy Guest

    Ben Thanks Mate.

    Was going to get a 9800 Pro anyway, but its nice foe someone to says
    its a decent idea and i wont regret it :)

    9600 pro 128bit ram ?

    OCZ Guy, Jul 23, 2004
  4. OCZ Guy

    Inglo Guest

    I updated from a 9600 Pro to a 9800 Pro a month ago. Bought the 9800
    Pro for $200 sold the 9600 Pro for $100, the difference in cash was
    astoundingly worth it. Of course, once I got the 9800 Pro I decided I
    needed to go out and buy an additional 512 Mb stick of RAM for $130.
    Goes perfectly with my XP2500 non mobile running @ 2220 MHz.

    --
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

    - Inigo Montoya
    Steve [Inglo]
    HES PORN

    Inglo, Jul 23, 2004
  5. OCZ Guy

    OCZ Guy Guest

    Ive got two sticks of 512meg, 1 Gig total, OCZ dueal channel, LL ram :
    2,2,3,5 i think :)

    So hows the games going with your new 9800 pro, notice any difference,
    got any FPS stories you would like to share.

    Did you do any 3dmark 2003, 2001 runs to test it what were the scores
    ?

    Thanks.

    OCZ Guy, Jul 23, 2004
  6. OCZ Guy

    Inglo Guest

    My best 3dMark03 result with the 9600 Pro heavily overclocked was 3835,
    with the 9800 Pro slightly overclocked I get 6029.
    With Aquamark, 9600 Pro: 29209, 9800 Pro 41212.
    Its hard to really compare in games, the common theme would be, with the
    9600 Pro the framerates were fine and playable, now with the 9800 Pro,
    framerates are a little better but I've got every detail setting and
    AA/AF cranked now.

    Inglo, Jul 23, 2004
  7. OCZ Guy

    OCZ Guy Guest

    So what your saying you can get a constant highish framrate with all
    the ey candy on and not have the FPS drop like a very heavy thing that
    someone has droped off a cliff :)

    Is that what your trying to say p

    OCZ Guy, Jul 25, 2004