What can i expect?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Veritech, Jan 4, 2005.

  1. Veritech

    Veritech Guest

    Just order the components for my new system, the excitement slowly building,
    lol.

    I was just wondering what sort of framerates/performance i could expect from
    the system running these games at "mid" detail levels

    Half life 2
    Doom 3
    Call of duty
    MOH
    Halo
    etc.

    Plus and recommendations for "older" games that would run nicely and half a
    big online community eg. Half life CS

    The system is
    Sempron 2600+
    512mb PC3200
    9600 pro [email protected] 333mhz(AGP)
    Gigabyte mobo wit 400 fsb

    Thanks for all the help, and a special thanks to the advice that i got on my

    Veritech, Jan 4, 2005

  2. Veritech

    Glennbo Guest

    I have the following setup which isn't that different to yours: -

    AMD XP2200+ (1.8GHz, 266 DDR FSB)
    1Gb PC3200
    HIS Excalibur 9600XT
    Aopen Nforce2 mobo

    Half life 2 - haven't tried this one / not happy with the whole Steam thing
    Doom 3 - Cak. You will still need to turn options down to give you a
    playable framerate
    Call of duty - Brill. You can even go for high detail levels and still get
    50+ fps
    MOH - Haven't tried it.
    Halo - Good. You should be able to play on high detail and get an acceptable
    frame rate.

    UT2003 - All settings on high, excellent FPS.
    Far Cry - Mid settings runs at a good FPS, Playable on high settings.
    Quake3A - Sh** off a chrome shovel.

    I think that it is safe to say that you will be able to play all games at
    mid detail at 1024x768. I would only expect the very latest games to give
    you any trouble and all you need to do is drop the detail settings of
    resolutiom.

    Glennbo

    Glennbo, Jan 4, 2005