    aimed towards gamers such as the FX5900 or the Quadro range of cards.? can
    anyone please offer some advice. In the past I have always used gaming
    cards.

    luke, Jun 11, 2004

  2. luke

    John Lewis Guest

    You may want to look at the Matrox Parhelia series. First-class
    image quality and up to 3-head output for video editing with
    multiple monitors. Matrox also make a nice line of video editing
    hardware in the RTX100 series, which will come bundled with
    the updated Adobe 1.5 (Premiere Pro etc) video editing/encoding
    tools from August onwards.

    www.matrox.com

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Jun 11, 2004

  3. luke

    First of One Guest

    The standard cards will be fine. You won't even need a FX5900. Something
    older like a Geforce4 will suffice. Focus on things like 2D image quality
    (due to various grades of filters used by different mfr's). LeadTek's
    filters are on par with Matrox and ATi cards. Gainward is pretty good, too.

    Quadro cards are meant for 3D artists (DCC) and CAD users. Their
    significantly heftier pricetags buy you support for anti-aliased lines,
    better subpixel precision, and DCC/CAD optimized drivers, nothing useful for
    2D graphics design work.

    First of One, Jun 14, 2004