    games yet. They are into Petz 5, and other age appropriate games at
    the time which don't seem to put a strain on the computer.

    Any advice from you graphics card people would be greatly appreciated.

    Ray Porier, Jun 29, 2005

  2. Ray Porier

    dawg Guest

    Go for the 6600GT. Better to have more available. You'll most likely find
    that you need it sooner rather tahn later. There's some good deals at
    Newegg.com for around $160

    dawg, Jun 29, 2005

  3. Ray Porier

    Marcus Guest

    If they are not playing hi res fast moving graphic intensive games a nice
    cheap GForce 5200 128Mb will be more than enough and is DX9 compatible.

    Marcus, Jun 29, 2005
  4. Ray Porier

    Bob Knowlden Guest

    That might be a good choice, if it was available in PCI-Express. I believe
    that the 5200 is only available in AGP and PCI. The original poster could
    probably use a PCI version, as most PCI-E mainboards also have PCI slots,
    but I wouldn't recommend it for games.

    Try www.newegg.com (for US customers). The low-end PCI-E cards use the ATI
    Radeon X300 processor or the nVidia Geforce 6200TC. (A regular 6200, without
    the "turbo cache", might be worth the additional cost.)

    A vanilla 6600 or a 6600GT would be nice, to go with a P4 3.2. Newegg has
    128 MB 6600 cards for a little over $100US.

    HTH.

    Bob Knowlden

    Bob Knowlden, Jun 30, 2005
  5. Ray Porier

    Tal Fuchs Guest

    You can go for a MB with the graphic card OB. You can find some with MX440
    or even ATI X300 ones.
    Then you'll be able to buy a better graphic card when needed, if ever. I
    guess you won't need any better graphic card for the next 2-3 yrs.

    Tal Fuchs, Jun 30, 2005