    still needed for Windows XP or was that only needed for the older
    operating systems? If they are still needed, please suggest where to
    locate them and the best versions.

    goodguy98, Mar 8, 2006

  2. goodguy98

    ByTor Guest

    Go with the latest:

    http://www.asus.com/

    http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

    The Tobes of Hades, lit by flickering torchlight
    The netherworld is gathered in the glare
    Prince By-Tor takes the cavern to the north light
    The sign of Eth is rising in the air.
    By-Tor, knight of darkness,
    Centurion of evil, devil's prince.

    http://www.thekidfrombrooklyn.com/

    ByTor, Mar 8, 2006

  3. goodguy98

    * * Chas Guest

    Judging from the Asus website, the audio drivers are all that you need
    to update.

    I recommend updating your BIOS to the most recent beta version:
    A7M266 Beta BIOS 1008.02b 9/13/02

    Asus lists all legacy BIOS updates as BETA versions so that they don't
    have to retest every possible hardware combination.

    I suggest that you also get the latest drivers for your video card and
    any other addin card in your system.

    Chas.

    * * Chas, Mar 8, 2006
  4. goodguy98

    Rob Hemmings Guest

    There are miniport drivers for all OS's in the utility section of the
    download area for that mobo, but whether they are needed or
    not depends on application s/w, I think.

    Rob Hemmings, Mar 8, 2006
  5. goodguy98

    * * Chas Guest

    I would probably stick with the native XP drivers except for video,
    sound and printer drivers unless I was having problems or there were too
    many features missing.

    Chas.

    * * Chas, Mar 8, 2006
  6. goodguy98

    Ron Miller Guest

    You do not need the 3-in-1 drivers for XP.
    You DO need the AMD Miniport driver for AGP. The latest version for
    Windows 2000/XP can be downloaded here
    http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/utilities/miniport_533.EXE

    Ron

    Ron Miller, Mar 10, 2006