    Corsair Twin2X 5400 DDR2 (1.9V), 512MB PC5400 Kit w/two matched
    CM2X256A-5400C4 Dimm.
    Will this do?

    Kurt Heggelund, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Kurt Heggelund

    Paul Guest

    The manual shows DDR2-400 and DDR2-533 as "non-overclock" options.
    The overclocking section shows options for

    FSB888/DDR2-667
    FSB900/DDR2-600
    FSB950/DDR2-633
    FSB1000/DDR2-667
    FSB1066/DDR2-533
    FSB1066/DDR2-710

    so your DDR2-675 memory choice should allow you to overclock if
    you want. If you don't want to overclock, the RAM will still
    work at the lower speeds.

    Here is a Crucial listing, showing all speeds can be used:
    http://www.crucial.com/store/listpa...fr=ASUS&cat=RAM&model=P5AD2+Premium&submit=Go

    I checked the datasheet for a Micron DDR2 memory chip, and the clock
    can range from 125MHz to 266MHz, on a DDR2-533 chip, and that means
    that a fast chip can be run at the slower speeds. Your DDR2-675 choice
    should operate at slower speeds as well.

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 13, 2004

  3. Kurt Heggelund

    et Guest

    This is exactly what I'm using. Been running for about 2 weeks now. Perfect.
    No problems. On boot it says it's running at 5300.

    et, Oct 13, 2004
  4. Kurt Heggelund

    LeeBos Guest

    How do yoy get to see the mem speed at boot? Mine whips by so fast I can't see
    it.

    LeeBos, Oct 13, 2004
  5. Kurt Heggelund

    et Guest

    First , Sorry I ment to say 4300 not 5300. Still good.
    It's one of the first thins that show when you boot. First few line in top
    left corner of screen.
    One question for you, does your machine go on standby ok ? Power down and
    all.
    Mine goes to screen shutdown but never powers down ??

    Thanks & good luck.
    Joe

    et, Oct 13, 2004
  6. Kurt Heggelund

    et Guest

    Also go to www.cpuid.com & get CPUZ. Give some good info. I'm not sure how
    to caculate the memory speed and clock rate. But atleast it tell you whats
    inside.

    et, Oct 13, 2004
  7. Kurt Heggelund

    LeeBos Guest

    Maybe it's because my LCD monitor it too slow coming on after sync is received
    but once I see any of the boot info it does not remain on screen long enough to
    read.

    I can enter standby just fine, PC powers off and leaves the power led blinking.
    Hitting a key wakes it up ok also.

    Normal shutdown also powers off everything ok.

    OS is Win XP Pro with SP2

    LeeBos, Oct 14, 2004
  8. Kurt Heggelund

    LeeBos Guest

    CPU-Z reports 267.6 MHz & FSB:DRAM 3:4. SPD says Max Bandwidth is PC5300
    (333MHz) .

    LeeBos, Oct 14, 2004