    Mark Guest

    Is there a big difference between an ATI 9700 Pro and an ATI 9800 Pro

    thanks

    Mark, Aug 2, 2005

  2. Mark

    Carl Guest

    100

    Carl, Aug 2, 2005

  3. Mark

    Gordon Scott Guest

    Gordon Scott, Aug 2, 2005
  4. Mark

    Augustus Guest

    Both excellent cards. Both 256bit. The 9700 Pro is about 6-8% slower overall
    on real and synthetic benchmarks. When the 9700 Pro is moderately o/c to
    near 9800 Pro spec, it's within 1-2%.

    Augustus, Aug 2, 2005
  5. Mark

    Jason Ash Guest

    Thank you folks, he's here all week!

    --
    -------------------------------------
    Reply to for SPAM only

    All others use:
    m0ng0lh0rde @ ukonline . co . uk

    Remove spaces to send
    Thank you
    -------------------------------------

    Jason Ash, Aug 3, 2005
  6. Mark

    Greg Guest

    There are some common memory failure issues with the 9700 causing artifacts
    when stressed. I went thru 2 9700's till I found this out. My 3rd
    replacement card is a 9800 and all has been well.

    Greg, Aug 5, 2005
  7. Mark

    Bobby Guest

    About £10 at today's prices.

    Bobby, Aug 6, 2005
  8. Mark

    J. Clarke Guest

    No. A small difference in clock speed and the 9800 has a slightly improved
    shader.

    J. Clarke, Aug 6, 2005
  9. Mark

    JK Guest

    I think the 9800 pro is slightly faster as well and has better memory
    handling, but I would not consider it an upgrade from a 9700 pro.

    JK

    JK, Aug 8, 2005
  10. Mark

    Tim Guest

    Try the veal.

    Tim, Aug 9, 2005
  11. Mark

    DDC Guest

    True the real upgrade would be an ati x700pro 256mb gddr3 128bits.
    I personally own this one and i've seen noticeable stability in my
    game now. I had before a 9800pro. Oh! my video card is a vivo version
    witch is why i've buy that card. And in bonus it has this
    MPEG1/2/4 decode and encode acceleration
    DXVA Support

    Witch is an software/hardware of directshow for video encoding. That
    thing isn't in the 9800pro. also is as high definition on all feature
    witch the 9800pro don't so the best move for moment is the x700pro
    build by ati only.

    And here is what u want.

    What you see below is what the 9700pro doesn't
    have
    SMARTSHADER™ 2.1
    SMOOTHVISION™ 2.1
    Memory Clock Speed (MHz) 340, 310(9700pro)
    Engine Clock Speed (MHz) 380 325(9700pro)

    Pixel Fillrate 3.04 Gpixels/sec, 2 Gpixels/sec 9700pro
    Geometry Rate 380 MTriangles, 325 MTriangles 9700pro

    VGA Yes

    YPrPb Out for HDTV w/adapter optional
    Composite Out w/adapter included

    The 9700pro info have been taken from the aiw9700pro witch is
    identical in all point. Only on the encoding bundle and the video
    in...

    DDC, Aug 9, 2005