    technology.

    Please advise.

    Thanks.

    Sseaott, Apr 7, 2004

  2. Sseaott

    gringo Guest

    I have a pile of -R that doesn't work :) Didnt know the difference (I still
    don't - just know mine does +r only)

    gringo, Apr 7, 2004

  3. Sseaott

    Douglas Guest

    The Plextor PX-708A is the current model.It is available from newegg.com for
    $164 shipped.They also sell the version without software for a few dollars
    less.The software version is Roxio Creator 6.Some other drives you might
    look at are NEC 2500 ($90) the Pioneer 107 ($110).Both are 8x burners for
    both - and + formats.The NEC is the highest rated drive on a very popular
    forum.You then could buy Roxio Creator Suite 7 for about $80,and send in for
    the $20 rebate.This is the full retail of the LATEST software.The included
    software with the Plextor is an older version and is NOT as full featured as
    the retail version!

    Douglas, Apr 7, 2004
  4. Sseaott

    Ken Williams Guest

    Probably better to just buy the drive you really want without roxio and then
    buy the retail (or whatever) version for $80. Usually the freebie version
    in limited. Especially when it came from dell. No sense in buying a drive
    you may not like just to get free crippled software.

    Ken Williams, Apr 8, 2004