  1. Just wondering what ever happened to the PCI-E to AGP bridge chip that was
    supposed to make PCI-E video cards compatible with AGP??? It sounded like it
    was a winner, that would give AGP owners options beyond an X850XT.

    HockeyTownUSA, Mar 6, 2006

  2. HockeyTownUSA

    J. Clarke Guest

    Both ATI and nvidia have bridge chips, whether home-grown or third-party.
    Where and when they use them is a different story.

    In any case Newegg lists x1600 and x1300 AGP boards from ATI.

    J. Clarke, Mar 6, 2006

  3. Thanks. In any case, those two cards aren't any more powerful than my X800
    XT Platinum. I want to see an X1800XT or X1900XT in AGP. Or even a GeForce
    7900GT.

    HockeyTownUSA, Mar 7, 2006
  4. HockeyTownUSA

    First of One Guest

    If buyers are snapping up PCIe 7800 or X1900 boards as fast as the companies
    can produce them, there's little incentive to bother with AGP boards.
    Unless, of course, the margins are significantly higher, then everyone
    bitches about paying $150 more for an identical AGP card.

    First of One, Mar 7, 2006
  5. HockeyTownUSA

    Boe Guest

    I would get a x1900XT tomorrow if they had an AGP version.

    Boe, Mar 10, 2006